If you want to know why apple pay is telling to verify my contact then keep scrolling here we have listed out the step-by-step procedure to fix the issue. When you try to confirm the payment with Face ID or Touch ID, you will see this error message. You might encounter this error instead of the “Double Click to Pay” notice.
Resolve the ‘Verify Contact Information’ error message
To begin, simply restart your iPhone. This could be the solution to your problem. If restarting your device does not resolve the problem message, check your device’s address information. Check that your address and phone number are properly formatted. Make sure there are no duplicate entries. Check that your billing and Apple ID addresses are the same. Here’s how you can find out:
Modify your address and phone options.
Check your billing address and phone number in Settings or the Wallet app.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Select Wallet & Apple Pay.
- Locate the Transaction Defaults section by scrolling down.
- Select Shipping Address. Examine your address and, if necessary, update it by tapping Edit.
Make sure your phone number is correct by tapping Phone. Remove one of the duplicate numbers if you have them. Remove the country code (+1 for the United States) from your phone number and try again.
In the Wallet
- On your iPhone, launch the Wallet app.
- Choose an Apple Pay credit card.
- In the top-right corner of your screen, tap the three-dot icon.
- Locate the Billing Address section by scrolling down.
Does it appear to be correct? If not, press it and then select Update Billing Address, Enter New Billing Address, or Edit to enter the new address information.
Examine your Apple ID address
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- At the top of the list, tap on your name.
- Select Payment & Shipping.
- Check that your addresses are successfully entered:
- Tap on your Apple Pay card in Payment Methods, then check the Billing Address.
Return to Payment & Shipping and double-check that the Shipping Address is correct.
What happens if your address is correct?
Have you double-checked your addresses to ensure that they are valid, yet the problem persists? It is conceivable that Apple Pay servers are not operational. It is uncommon, although it does occur. You will be unable to finish the transaction if Apple Pay & Wallet are unavailable. Here’s how you can find out:On any device, launch Safari or another browser.
Go to Apple’s System Status page.
- Locate Apple Pay and Wallet.
- Examine the status light for a green light.
- If you see a green icon, Apple Pay & Wallet is operational, and the issue is on your end. You’ll have to fix it.
If Apple Pay & Wallet displays a red or similar status icon, you will know that there is an issue, and the fault is on Apple’s end. As previously noted, this happens infrequently, but it does happen. If this is the case, simply be patient and the problem will be resolved.
I hope you understood this pos why is it telling me to verify my contact: Apple pay; if not, you can ask any questions about this topic in the contact forum section. And if you answered yes, please spread the word about this post to your relatives and friends.
Read more Articles: