Warhammer 40,000 Darktide Backend Error, Error Signing In: If you get the Backend Error when you try to start the game, log in to the open beta, or make a character in Darktide, you should know that this is a fairly common problem right now.
Players from all over the world can now play Warhammer 40,000: Darktide early. Even so, it is the Pre-Order beta, so you should expect some problems here and there. Find out how to fix the Darktide Backend Error by reading on.
Darktide Backend Error, Error Signing In
Backend error is one of the most common ones at the start of the preorder early access for Warhammer 40,000: Darktide. Players get this error either when they try to start the game and log in to the Pre-Order Beta servers or when they are making a character. Or, if you’re lucky, you might be able to play the prologue or one or two games before this message kicks you out.
This is obviously a problem that shouldn’t happen, and we hope the developers will find a way to fix it soon. But while we wait for the developer to fix it, there are a few things you can do in the meantime.
The first thing you can do to fix the Darktide Backend Error is the simplest. “Restart your router or disconnect and reconnect to WiFi,” says Reddit user Raginor the Defiler. “Someone gave me this tip on Discord, and it worked for me.”
So, try turning off and on your router first. Unplug it for a few minutes, then plug it back in and turn it back on. If this doesn’t fix your Darktide Backend Error, we can try something else. In particular, a lot of players say that turning on a VPN worked for them and fixed the problem. So, install any VPN service and change to a different region to see if the error still happens.
Enable V-Sync in Nvidia Control Panel
For the Warhammer 40,000 Darktide game, you should use the Nvidia Control Panel app to turn on the Vertical Sync feature. This will help keep the graphics from going wonky as much as possible. Remember that this method will only work if you have a graphics card from Nvidia.
- From the Start menu, open the Nvidia Control Panel. If it isn’t already installed, you can go to the Microsoft Store and install it.
- Click on “3D Settings.” Choose “Manage 3D settings in the Nvidia Control Panel interface”
- Choose “Program Settings,” then: Click “Add,” then choose “Warhammer 40,000 Darktide” from your PC’s list of programs.
- If the game app isn’t shown, click “Browse” and go to the directory on the drive where Warhammer 40,000 Darktide was installed. Find the Warhammer 40,000 Darktide folder and add the Warhammer 40,000 Darktide.exe program. Then choose the game from the list and add it.
- Now, scroll down until you see “Vertical sync.” Click on it, then choose “On” to turn it on. This will always make Warhammer 40,000 Darktide use V-Sync.
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect, then play the game again to see if the problem is still there.
Try Lowering In-Game Graphics Settings
You should first try turning down the graphics settings in the game on your PC or console to see if that fixes the frame drops or stuttering. Try turning off things like texture details, shadow effect, v-sync, anti-aliasing, etc. in the Warhammer 40,000 Darktide display settings. This should increase the FPS and make the game run better and smoother.
Update GPU Drivers
If you haven’t updated your Windows computer’s graphics driver, make sure to install the most recent patch. To do this, you’ll need to follow the steps below to check for updates:
- To open the Quick Link Menu, press the Windows + X keys together.
- Now, from the list, click on Device Manager and then double-click on Display adapters.
- Click the right mouse button on the graphics card you are using.
- Next, choose Update driver > Choose to search for drivers automatically.
- If there is an update, the system will download and install it on its own.
- Once you’re done, restart the computer for the changes to take effect right away.
Close Unnecessary Background Tasks
Another thing you can do is close any background tasks that aren’t necessary on your PC to make sure they aren’t using up any more system resources. Keep running Warhammer 40,000 Darktide, Steam, and other tasks related to the system. To finish tasks in the background:
- To open Task Manager, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- Click the Processes tab, then choose the task you want to end.
- Once that is done, click End Task. Make sure to do each task’s steps one at a time.
- Last, restart your computer right away to change effects and check for flickering or tearing on the Warhammer 40,000 Darktide screen.