Voice Chat not Working in MW2 : If voice chat in Modern Warfare 2 doesn’t work, you should know that many people have had this problem since the game came out.
Multiplayer Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II is finally here! Unfortunately, the launch has been marked by a number of problems that have ruined the experience. One of these bugs is the “Voice Service Unavailable” message in MW2. We explain how to fix the “MW2 Voice Chat Not Working” problem in our guide.
Voice Chat not Working in MW2
If you want to do well at something, like Modern Warfare 2, you have to communicate well and on time.
So, MW2 voice chat is almost a requirement because it’s the fastest way to get information to your teammates quickly. And that’s why it’s so annoying when voice comms in MW2 don’t work.
So, what should you do to fix this problem if you are also having it? First, you should do some basic checks:
- First, check your Windows settings to make sure that your input and output devices are set up correctly.
- Second, make sure your microphone isn’t muted in-game or in Windows.
- Make sure that voice chat is turned on in the MW2 settings.
- Also, some headsets have a button that lets you turn off the sound. Make sure that “mute” is not turned on.
- Check to see if your headphones and microphone work well in other games and apps.
- Turn off any third-party apps that you don’t need. This is because they might cause problems with devices that play sound.
- Last, make sure that the right audio drivers are installed, and then restart your PC.
Some players say that “updating the controller software” usually fixes this problem on Xbox Series X and PS5. We know it sounds strange, but you can try it for free.
In general, the sounds in Modern Warfare 2 are quite broken right now. So, we hope the developers will put out an update soon to fix these problems. So far, that’s the only thing we can do to fix the “MW2 Voice Chat Not Working” problem.