- Restart your iPhone’s Wallet app. Swipe up from the bottom of your screen and pause in the middle to access the app switcher. Swipe up to find Wallet.
- Make sure your iPhone or iPad has the latest software. To update your software, go to Settings > General > Software Update.
- Restart your computer: Go to General > Settings > Shut down and slide the power off slider to the off position. Hold down the top or side button until the Apple logo appears.
- Make sure your phone or tablet is connected to the Internet via cellular or Wi-Fi. To troubleshoot basic connection issues, try the following:
- Turn on Airplane Mode and then turn it off.
- Make sure Use Cellular Data is turned on for Wallet if you’re connecting to the Internet via cellular. Go to Settings, then Cellular, and then Wallet.
- Reboot your wireless router. Replug it after unplugging it.
- If you’re using a VPN, turn it off before trying again.
- Turn on Set Automatically in Settings > General > Date & Time. Check to see if your settings are correct.
- Make sure your Apple ID region is correctly set. Tap [your name] > Media & Purchases > View Account in Settings. If prompted, sign in and select Country/Region.
- Go to Settings > [your name] > Payment & Shipping to double-check that your address details, including your zip code, are correct.
How To Fix Could Not Add Card in Wallet & Apple Pay iOS 14/15
Can’t add a card for Apple Pay on Mac?
- Restart your Mac. You can do that by choosing Apple () > Restart from the menu.
- Go to System Preferences > Software Update to make sure your Mac is up to date.
- Make sure your Mac can access the Internet. If you’re having trouble, try these suggestions:
- Turn Wi-Fi off and on.
- Turn on your Wi-Fi router again.
- If you are using a VPN, turn it off and try again.
- If you have antivirus software running, turn it off and try again.
- If you’re still having trouble with your connection, try one of these:
- Mac Wi-Fi is on, but I can’t get on the Internet
- Mac won’t turn on because Wi-Fi is off, Fix
- How to Change a Mac’s Network Settings
- Go to the Apple () menu > System Preferences > Date & Time and click “Set date and time automatically.” Click Time Zone and check your settings to make sure they are right.
Why does my card keep declining?
Your card may be declined for a variety of reasons, including: the card has expired; you have exceeded your credit limit; the card issuer detects suspicious activity that may indicate fraud; or a hotel, rental car company, or other business has placed a block (or hold) on your card for the estimated total of your bill.
Why is my Apple ID not accepting my card?
Add a new payment method or update your payment information if your card was declined. Multiple payment methods can be added to your Apple ID. The unpaid balance will be charged to your payment method. After that, you can make additional purchases and update your apps, including those that are free.