Sometimes you might not be able to buy an AppleCare+ plan. You might see an error message that says:
- This Device is not Eligible for Additional Coverages.
- It looks like your device isn’t eligible for an AppleCare agreements.
Table of Contents
Solution: Check device is eligible
- Open a web browser and go to the website for Add Coverage.
- Pick something.
- Then you can sign in with your Apple ID or the serial number of the device.
- If you see a screen that says “this device is not eligible,” it means that the time for which you were eligible has ended.
Buy with new method
After making sure you still have time to buy AppleCare and that the AppleCare servers are running, try buying it in a different way:
- By going to Apple’s AppleCare website online.
- On your device. Follow the instructions for your device:
- iPad and iPhone: Choose AppleCare+ Coverage Available from Settings > General > About.
- Mac: Choose Apple > About This Mac > Support from the menu.
- Watch Apple: Open the Watch app, go to General > About, and then choose AppleCare+ Coverage Available.
- Apple Headphones: Go to Settings > Bluetooth on a device you’ve already paired, then click the I button for your headphones.
- Just dial 800-275-2273.
- In an Apple store.
Apple India Extended Warranty Explained
If Apple says your device isn’t eligible for more AppleCare coverage, check to see if there are any known problems with the AppleCare service. Then, check the date you bought it. You have 12 months to get AppleCare and 60 days to buy AppleCare+. Wait a day or two if you bought your device from a third party.
Within 60 days of buying your phone, you can add AppleCare coverage. Go to Settings to see how much time is left. A message on the screen will tell you how many days you still have to buy AppleCare.
The standard AppleCare protection plan extends the warranty and phone support for Mac, Apple Displays, and Apple TV. In addition to the extended warranty and support, AppleCare+ covers accidental damage to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
For one year from the date you purchased your product, the Apple Limited Warranty protects your iPhone and Apple-branded accessories against manufacturing defects. The Apple Limited Warranty supplements the rights granted by consumer law. Our warranty does not cover accidental or unauthorized modifications.
You can add AppleCare+ to your AirPods, Beats earphones, or Beats headphones up to 60 days after the date of purchase. Visit a Best Buy store with proof of purchase to have your device visually inspected.
Damaged devices, of course, aren’t eligible for AppleCare+, at least not until the damage is repaired at non-AppleCare+ prices. After all, AppleCare+’s accidental damage coverage is effectively insurance; you can’t buy car insurance after you’ve been in a car accident, either.