Siri Not Working on iPhone 13? Many iPhone users (and users of other phones) like how easy it is to use a virtual assistant. You can tell these assistants to do many different things by just speaking to them. Two of my favorite things to do with “Hey Siri” are:
“Hey Siri, set a 15-minute timer.” This is especially helpful when you are cooking and need to time something.
“Hey Siri, put milk on the list of things to buy.” You don’t have to stop what you’re doing to write it down.
But I think driving is the best time to use “Hey Siri.” Most cars now work with CarPlay, and if you haven’t used it yet, you’re really missing out. You can make phone calls, send messages, and get directions without using your hands.
“Hey Siri, tell Dave something.”
“Hey Siri, tell me how to get home.”
Siri is pretty good at recognizing your voice, but you have to set it up and train it right. If you don’t, Siri might not even answer when you say, “Hey Siri.” This article will show you how to set up Siri or retrain it.
‘Hey Siri’ isn’t working on iPhone 13
- Check Siri settings
- Go to Settings > Siri & Search on your iPhone to change Siri’s settings. If Siri doesn’t answer, make sure that the following are on:
- Listen for “Hey Siri”
- Give Siri Access When Locked
Turn on ‘Always Listen’ in Accessibility
If you want Siri to answer you when your phone is close by, you can turn on a setting in Accessibility. If you don’t turn this on, Siri won’t work unless your iPhone is on its back and open. You can also leave this setting off if you like being able to turn off “Hey Siri” by turning your iPhone on its back.
- Tap Accessibility in the Settings menu.
- Tap on Siri.
- Flip the switch next to “Always listen for “Hey Siri”.”
- You can also choose Always under “Spoken Responses” if you want Siri to answer even when Silent Mode is turned on.
How to set up or retrain ‘Hey Siri’ on iPhone 13
First of all, you could try restarting your iPhone if Siri was working fine before but hasn’t been responding to you lately. Tap General in Settings, then scroll down and tap Shutdown. To turn on your phone, press the side or top button until the Apple logo shows up.
To retrain “Hey Siri” voice recognition:
- Tap Siri & Search in the Settings menu.
- Turn the switch next to “Listen for “Hey Siri” off, and then turn it back on.
- You will see the screen for setting up “Hey Siri.” Click Continue.
- Say out loud each of the commands you see on the screen in a normal voice.
- When the “‘Hey Siri’ Is Ready’ page comes up, tap Done.