Riot Client Wont Open: Over 200 million people play League of Legends, making it one of the most played games in the world. It is one of the most popular multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) games, and it also has some of the fewest system requirements.
Riot makes sure that the platform is online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week so that its players are happy.
But problems do happen, and errors are a part of every app and game.
If you are here, we can safely assume that the Riot Client is not starting up or opening on your computer.
Most of the time, this is because resources or game files are broken. On the other hand, it could be caused by old clients, slow network connections, third-party apps, or wrong user settings.
If Riot Client won’t open on your computer, this guide will show you how to fix it.
Riot Client Wont Open : Solutions
Turn off and on your computer
If you have problems with the Riot Client, you should restart your computer before doing anything else. This should make your resources load again and get rid of any temporary errors.
What you have to do is:
- Pressing the Windows key on your keyboard will bring up the Start Menu.
- After that, go to the tab for Power Options.
- Last, choose Restart to turn your system back on.
Run Riot Client As Admin
If the Riot Client won’t start, you may need to run it as an administrator. This should give the app full access to your system and get around any restrictions your operating system has put in place.
To run Riot Client as an administrator, do the following:
- Find the Riot Client on your desktop, and then right-click on it.
- Next, click Properties and go to the Compatibility tab.
- Last, make sure that the box next to “Run this program as an administrator” is checked.
- Run the client again and see if the problem is still there.
Antivirus software is made by a company other than the one you use to protect your computer from viruses and malware. Even though they are great for security, they can cause problems with good programs like Riot Client.
Before you run the Riot Client on your computer, you should turn off your antivirus to avoid problems.
You can also try adding Riot Client to your safe list to stop your antivirus from blocking it.
Upgrade your video card
The Riot Client might also not open because its graphics card driver is out of date. We recommend updating your display drivers to the most recent version possible to fix bugs and other problems and avoid problems.
What you have to do is:
- First, open the Quick Access Menu by pressing the Windows + X keys on your keyboard.
- Click Device Manager and then expand the tab for Display Adapters.
- Last, right-click on your video card and choose “Update Drivers” from the menu.
- After that, restart your computer and see if the problem is gone.
Close Apps That Aren’t Being Used
There may not be enough resources on your system to run the Riot Client. If this is the case, we suggest closing any applications that aren’t being used to free up system memory and CPU threads.
Go to the task manager and figure out what programs you’re not using.
The Riot Client might not work because of a problem with the version of Windows you are using. To fix this, make sure you have the most recent version of your operating system. This will fix bugs and other problems.
To update Windows, follow the steps below:
- To get to Windows Settings on your computer, go to the Start menu and then to Settings.
- After that, click on Update & Security and then click on Windows Update.
- Last, click “Check for Updates” and do what it says.
Start your computer back up to see if you can now open the Riot Client after making the changes.
This is the end of our guide on how to get Riot Client to open on your computer if it won’t. If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know in the comments, and we’ll do our best to answer them.