No Internet Connection On Monopoly GO : Monopoly GO is a fun and exciting game, but it can be frustrating when you encounter a “No Internet Connection” error that disrupts your gameplay.
Don’t worry; we’ve got you covered. In this guide, we’ll walk you through a series of simple steps to help you resolve this issue and get back to enjoying the game hassle-free.
Table of Contents
1. Check Your Internet Connection
Before diving into complex solutions, start with the basics. Your internet connection might be the root of the problem. Here’s how to ensure you have a stable connection:
- Make sure your device is connected to a stable and reliable internet source.
- Open a web browser and visit a website to confirm that your internet connection is working. If it’s not, you’ll need to resolve your internet connection issues first.
2. Restart The Game
Sometimes, a simple restart can work wonders. Follow these steps to give Monopoly GO a fresh start:
- If your internet connection is stable, but you still encounter the error, try restarting the Monopoly GO app.
- Close the app completely by force closing it (swipe it away from your recent apps), and then reopen it. This can help refresh the game and resolve any temporary glitches.
3. Check Monopoly Go Server Status
Monopoly GO relies on servers to function correctly. Server issues can lead to connectivity problems. Here’s how you can check the server status:
- Visit the Monopoly Go Twitter account or the Scopely Go Twitter account to check for any posts mentioning recent server outage issues or maintenance breaks. Sometimes, server issues can lead to connectivity problems. If there’s a known server problem, you’ll be informed.
4. Update The App
Keeping your apps up to date is essential for smooth performance. An outdated app can sometimes cause errors. Here’s how to update Monopoly GO:
- Ensure that you have the latest version of the Monopoly GO app.
- Go to the app store on your device, search for Monopoly GO, and select “Update.” Updating the app can fix bugs or glitches that may cause the “No Internet Connection” error.
5. Reinstall The App
If the issue persists, a clean reinstall can often solve the problem. Here’s how to do it:
- Uninstall the Monopoly GO app. Go to your device’s settings, navigate to the apps or application manager section, find Monopoly GO, and select “Uninstall.”
- After uninstalling, go to the app store, search for Monopoly GO, and select “Install.” This will install the latest version of the app, which may resolve the issue.
6. Contact Monopoly Go Help & Support
If none of the above steps work and you continue to experience the “No Internet Connection” error, it’s time to seek assistance from the experts. The Monopoly GO help and support team can provide further guidance to resolve the issue. They have the knowledge and tools to get you back on track.
By following these troubleshooting steps, you should be able to resolve the “No Internet Connection” error in Monopoly GO. Now you can enjoy the game without any interruptions. Happy gaming!