Modern warfare 2 beta checking for update: Here’s how to fix the “Checking for Update” issue if you’re having trouble playing the MW2 Beta on PC.
Both PC and Xbox users can play the latest Call of Duty game during the second Beta weekend. This is the first time that PC users can play MW2.
Unfortunately, no launch is ever perfect, and PC players have run into quite a few problems with the MW2 Beta.
One of these problems is the “Checking for Update” error. When this happens, the game gets stuck in a loop and you can’t play it. Here’s how to solve the problem.
Modern warfare 2 beta checking for update
- Right-click the Modern Warfare 2 Beta in your Steam library.
- Properties will open up.
- Click on the Local Files button.
- Click the button that says Browse.
- Click twice on the Main folder.
- Everything besides the “FileSysCheck.cfg” file should be deleted.
- Stop using the file manager and play MW2 Beta.
- After you do these things, the game will get to “Checking for Update” and then need to be restarted for the update to work.
- When you restart the game, it may crash. This means that there is an update for the game on Steam, so you should wait until that downloads before starting the game again.