If you want to know how to watch freeview on apple tv then keep scrolling here we have listed out the step by step procedure.
Freeview is the only digital terrestrial TV service in the United Kingdom. It is run by DTV Services Ltd, which is a partnership between the BBC, ITV, Channel 4, Sky, and Arqiva, which is in charge of the transmitters. It began on October 30, 2002, taking over the license from ITV Digital, which went out of business that same year. The service gives people access to the seven DTT multiplexes that cover the UK through an antenna. As of July 2020, it has 85 TV channels, 26 digital radio channels, 10 HD channels, six text services, 11 streaming channels, and one interactive channel.
With Freeview on your TV, you can watch your favorite shows from All4, ITV Hub, BBC iPlayer, Live TV channels, and My5. The great advantage of Freeview is that you can pick and choose which channels you want to watch and only pay for those channels. All streaming devices, including Roku, Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick, smartphone, and PC, are supported by Freeview. In this article, we’ll look at how you can watch Freeview on your Apple TV.
How to Install Freeview on Apple TV
Open the App Store on your iPhone >> type Freeview in the search bar >> click Get >> select Open.
- Unlock your iOS device and connect it to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV.
- On your iOS device, open the App Store app.
- Type Freeview into the Search bar using the on-screen keyboard.
- From the search results, choose Freeview.
- To install the app on your iOS device, tap the Get button.
- Log in to the app using the required credentials.
- On your iOS device, go to the Control Center once you’ve gotten in.
- Select the Apple TV from the Screen Mirroring menu.
- The iOS screen is now visible on Apple TV. Select Freeview content from the mobile app and watch it on your television.
Using Mac and AirPlay Freeview on Apple TV
After connecting your Apple TV and macOS to the same WIFI, follow the steps below.
- From your macOS menu bar, select the AirPlay icon. A rectangle with an upward arrow at the bottom is the AirPlay icon.
- Next, in the drop-down menu, choose the Apple TV to which you want to AirPlay.
- A password will be displayed on your Apple TV’s screen. In the pop-up window that appears on your Mac, enter the code.
- The screen of your Mac is mirrored on the Apple TV device.
- Go to the Freeview website using a web browser on your Mac.
- Complete the sign-in process by providing your Freeview login information.
- Finally, you can play any video on macOS, and it will play on your Apple TV as well.
Freeview is an excellent app for watching live television, news, and movies. It even broadcasts national special programs and video on demand. The Freeview HD recorder can be used to download shows and movies to watch later.
So these were the steps to watch freeview on apple tv. I hope now you understand. And now you can happily enjoy your freeview on apple tv.