How to Restore Lost Progress in Hogwarts Legacy? Are you having trouble with “Hogwarts Legacy” and losing your saved game files and progress? Don’t feel bad, you’re not the only one.
The open-world action role-playing game set in the well-known wizarding world is finally out, and it’s already a huge hit. But there have been a few problems since the launch. This includes things like Hogwarts Legacy not recognizing saves, save files going missing, and lost progress. This guide shows how you might be able to recover lost progress in Hogwarts Legacy.
Many players have said they are having the same problems, but there are ways to fix them. In this article, we’ll talk about some good ways to get your “Hogwarts Legacy” saves and progress back if you lose them.
How to Restore Lost Progress in Hogwarts Legacy?
Check to see if there are any problems
Problems with your device are one of the most common reasons why you lose progress you saved. Make sure your device meets the minimum needs for “Hogwarts Legacy” before you try any other solutions. Check the game’s official website or the app store to learn more about the minimum requirements for running it.
Check that the game files are correct
If your device meets the minimum requirements, the next step is to check that your game files are still in good shape. You can do this by doing these things:
- Launch Steam.
- Click the right mouse button on “Hogwarts Legacy” in your game library.
- Just click on “Properties.”
- Go to the tab called “Local Files.”
- Click on “Check Game Files for Integrity.”
- This process will check to see if all the needed game files are there and in good shape, and if not, it will download the files that are missing.
Try to start the game over
Sometimes, you can get back your lost progress by just starting the game over. Just quit the game and start it up again. This can help clear up any temporary problems that might be causing the problem.
Get rid of the game’s setting files
Loss of progress can also be fixed by deleting the game’s configuration files. Follow these steps to do this:
- Go to your computer’s “My Documents” folder.
- Find the folder that says “Hogwarts Legacy.”
- Get rid of the folder “config.”
- Start playing again.
- This will reset the game’s configuration files, which may fix the problem.
Use cloud saves
Using cloud saves is another good way to get things done. Cloud saves work with a lot of games, including “Hogwarts Legacy.” This means that your game progress is saved in the cloud, so you can get to it from any device. In “Hogwarts Legacy,” you can use cloud saves by turning on the option in the game’s settings.
Several users who had the same “Hogwarts Legacy Lost Save and Progress” problem told us about the solution we offer here. Many players said that this trick helped them, so we hope it will help you too. What you have to do is:
- First, go to “C:Users%USER%AppDataLocalHogwarts LegacySavedSaveGames%RANDOM NUMBER%” and open that folder.
- Second, make a copy of the whole folder as a backup. Best to save it on your desktop.
- Delete all of the save files in the original folder except for the oldest one, which will have a name like “HL-00-00.sav.”
- Begin a new game and save.
- Play until the first automatic save point (when you receive a healing potion).
- Quit the game and make a note of the name of the last save file it made.
- Now, change the name of your first save file, which is called “HL-00-00.sav,” to the name of the last save file.
- This will write over the new file you saved.
Start the game over, and your old save and all the progress you made should be there.
With this method, you might be able to recover corrupted save files and lost progress in Hogwarts Legacy. So, our guide on “How to Fix a Lost Save and Progress in Hogwarts Legacy” is done.
Contact the help desk
If none of the above solutions worked for you, it’s time to contact the support team. You can get in touch with the game’s support team through its website or the app store where you bought it. Give them information about your problem, such as any error messages you might have gotten. The customer service team should be able to help you solve the problem.
Losing saved progress and game files can be annoying, but there are ways to fix these problems. Try the solutions listed above, and if that doesn’t work, contact the support team for help. We hope this article helped you figure out how to get your “Hogwarts Legacy” saves and progress back if you lost them.