If you want to know how to put apps on Chromebook desktop then keep scrolling here we have listed out the step-by-step procedure.
Adding your favorite apps to your desktop is an easy way to boost your productivity. This allows you to instantly launch them whenever you need them. If you’re using Chrome OS and don’t know how to add apps to your desktop, use the instructions below.
What Apps Can I Install on My Chromebook Desktop?
Chromebooks are equipped with a desktop. You can’t put any programs or icons on it, though. While you can’t add apps to your Chromebook’s desktop, you may pin them to the Shelf to make them more accessible. A row of apps at the bottom of the screen is known as the Shelf. Consider it the Mac’s version of the Windows taskbar.
Pin Apps to Chromebook Shelf in 3 Easy Steps
- Select the Up arrow after clicking on the Launcher.
- Find the app you wish to add to your Shelf and click it.
- Select Pin to Shelf from the right-click menu on the app icon.
- Your app should now be accessible on the bottom of your screen, on the Shelf.
The order of the apps can then be changed. Simply select and hold the app you wish to relocate, then drag it to the desired location. Then, with the mouse button released, drag the app to its new location.
Right-click an app and select Unpin to remove it from your Chromebook Shelf. Your app will be removed from the Shelf immediately.
How to Save a Website to a Shelf
If you frequently visit the same website, pin it to your shelf to make it easier to find.
- To begin, open Chrome and navigate to the webpage you want to pin.
- Choose More and then More Tools.
- After that, choose Create shortcut.
- Select Pin to Shelf from the shortcut icon’s right-click menu.
- You can also hide the Shelf if you prefer a clutter-free, minimalist desktop. To do so, right-click on the Shelf and choose Autohide Shelf from the menu. Simply drag the cursor to the side of the screen to see your apps.
Final Words: How to put apps on chromebook
You can’t add apps to your Chromebook’s desktop as you can on a Windows computer. You can, however, pin them to the Shelf for easier access. To do so, right-click your program and choose “Pin to Shelf” from the menu. Website shortcuts can also be pinned to the Shelf.
Read More Articles:
- Gurugram Police Launches App to Streamline Traffic Violation Challans
- Reserve Day For Ipl Final Meaning In Telugu
- Reserve Day Meaning In Cricket IPL Final 2023
- What is Reserve Day For Ipl Final Meaning
- Weather At Narendra Modi Stadium IPL Final Reserve Day