How to Increase Friendship using picnic in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet: Picnics are a brand-new part of Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, and they’re a great way to get to know your Pokemon.
Improving your friendship with your Pokemon is important to your journey because it will bring you closer together and make them better fighters.
So, every once in a while, you should bring out the picnic table to wash and play with your Pokemon. If you know how to play Pokemon Scarlet and Violet online, you can do this with your friends.
How to Increase Friendship in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet
The easiest way to get closer to your Pokemon is to talk to them and wash them while you’re out on a picnic.
It’s very easy to do and won’t take more than a few minutes, but doing it often will make your Pokemon like you a lot more.
- Find a place that isn’t close to any other trainers, NPCs, or towns.
- Select Picnic by pressing X.
- Once the picnic table is set up, you can talk to any of your Pokemon by going up to them and pressing A. This will start a short animation, and when it’s done, hearts should show up above them.
- You can also wash them by pressing X. This will bring up a short game.
- To wash your Pokemon, move the left joystick around while holding A.
- Press Y when asked to turn on the showerhead.
- Lastly, to rinse off the soap, move the left joystick again while holding A.
- By pressing ZR, you can also throw a ball around that your Pokemon can play with. If you go to the picnic table and press A, you can switch balls.
What Do Picnics Do in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet?
Picnics are a way to get to know your Pokemon better and earn some EXP at the same time. You can also use them to make Pokemon-helping sandwiches.
If you interact with all of your Pokemon while you’re at a picnic, they’ll all get a little EXP. So, it’s something you should do every so often.
When you battle, your Pokemon will get more EXP if you have a high friendship level with them. The more you play with them and talk to them, the better they’ll be in battle.
You should try to spend as much time as possible with them at picnics while you’re out exploring because it will make them much better fighters.