Table of Contents
Download the Google app
- Open your iPhone’s App Store.
- Tap the Search tab at the bottom of the screen, then type “google” in the search field and tap Search.
- Tap Get next to the Google app, then authenticate (use Touch ID or double-click the side button and use Face ID).
Use Google app to search for your song
- On your iPhone, open the Google app.
- Tap the button that looks like a microphone to the right of the search field.
- Tap or say “search a song” to find a song.
- You will see a bunch of dots that move around and change color. Hum a bit of your song, then stop and wait a second for the results to show up.
Google Assistant Hum To Search Song On iPhone
You can also tap the “Microphone” icon in the Google Search widget on the home screen of an Android device. When the screen for listening comes up, you’ll see a button that says “Search a Song.” Tap it. Start whistling or humming the song you want to find.
Shazam, like Siri, cannot recognize a song that you sing or hum. If you don’t want to use Google, try the SoundHound app (Android or iOS).
Open the latest version of the Google app or find your Google Search widget on your mobile device, tap the microphone icon, and say “what’s this song?” or click “Search for a song.” Then begin to hum for 10 to 15 seconds. On Google Assistant, it’s just as simple. Say, “Hey Google, what is this song?” and then hum the tune.
Start up Shazam on your phone while you watch a video on your computer. When the song starts playing, put the phone close to the speakers and tell Shazam to search. It will figure out what song it is right away.
Shazam is an app that lets you find music by how it sounds. To use Shazam to search for audio, open the app and tap the Shazam button.
Siri in iOS 8 can tell you what song is playing right now. Suppose you ask her, “What song is playing?” When you ask Siri, “What’s playing?” or “Name that song,” it listens to the sounds around you and, thanks to its integration with Shazam, can tell you the name of the song and who sings it.
Swipe down from the top right corner of your iPhone’s screen to see the Control Center. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen if your iPhone has a Home button. Tap on the Shazam icon to start recognizing music. While it’s listening, the icon will turn blue.
Read more articles: