How to fix the 2K23 Error Code 6f8ce31b in MyCareer ps5: Even though NBA 2K23 has been out for two weeks, it still has a lot of bugs. Even though there have been several patches since then, the game still has a lot of bugs.
And it looks like new updates add even more problems, like the 6f8ce31b error code in MyCareer that has to do with the J. Cole quest. Here’s what we know about the problem and how to fix it.
Error Code 6f8ce31b in MyCareer
The most recent problem that a lot of players are having is with the J. Cole MyCareer quest. Since the update, when a player tries to log in to MyCareer, they get the 6f8ce31b error code instead of being able to play.
It can be pretty frustrating, especially for players who have already come a long way. There are a few ways to fix this bug, which is good news. You can fix the “NBA 2K23 Error Code 6f8ce31b” bug by doing the following:
Restart Your PS4 or PS5
The first time you turn on your Playstation, it might not have been set up right. The 6f8ce31b error code means that some of the system files for PSN may not be working. To fix this, restart your console to reload all of its resources.
Check out the steps below if you own a Playstation 4 and need to restart it:
- To get to the Quick Menu, while on the main screen, press and hold the PS button on your controller.
- After that, go to the tab called “Power.”
- Click on Restart PS4 to finish.
Here’s how to restart your PS5:
- To get to the Quick Menu, press the PS button on your controller.
- Now, click on the option to Restart PS5.
- Last, to move forward, press the O or X button on your controller.
Sign into your PSN account again
If you keep getting the 6f8ce31b error code on your PS4 or PS5, you can also try refreshing your PSN account data. When the servers went down unexpectedly, your user data may have been messed up.
Follow the steps below to sign out of your PSN account on a Playstation 4:
- First, go to your console’s Settings page.
- After that, go to the tab called “Account Management.”
- Last, click the Sign Out button and do what it says on the screen.
Follow these steps to sign out of your PS5 account:
- Use the D-Pad to get to the Settings page from the main screen.
- Now, go to User Accounts and click on Other.
- Lastly, choose Sign Out to sign out of your PSN account.
If you want to reset your user data, you must wait at least 5 minutes after signing out of your account before signing back in. After that, go back to PSN to see if the problem is fixed.
Update Your PS4 or PS5
Your PS4’s software version might be out of date and not supported by Playstation’s servers anymore. The PS5 software you are using may have a problem with the services and features of PSN.
To fix this, try updating your Playstation to the most recent version so that bugs and other problems can be fixed.
Check out the steps below if you own a PS4 and want to update it:
- First, go to your Playstation’s Settings menu.
- Then, open the tab for System Software Update.
- Last, click on Update Now and follow the instructions to install the latest software for your Playstation 4.
Here’s what you need to do if you have a PS5:
- Go to the Settings menu on your device and open the System tab.
- Now, click on System Software and go to the System Software Update and Settings tab.
- The last step is to click on Update System Software and then choose Update Using Internet.
Once your console has been updated, go back to PSN to see if your PS4 or PS5 still gets the 6f8ce31b error code.
Change the PlayStation’s DNS settings
If the network’s DNS servers can’t translate the web addresses of the Sony servers quickly enough, the 6f8ce31b error code could happen. In this case, changing the PlayStation’s DNS settings might fix the error 6f8ce31b.
Open Network from the PlayStation Settings menu
- Now click Setup Internet Connection and choose LAN or Wi-Fi for the type of connection.
- Then go to Custom and set the IP Address field to Automatic.
- Now, choose “Do Not Specify” for the DHCP Host Name field and “Manual” for the DNS field.
- Then choose how to set the following DNS values:
- Now set MTU Settings to Automatic and Proxy Server to Do Not Use.
- Then, click Test Internet Connection. After the test is done, check to see if the error 6f8ce31b is gone.