How to Fix Destiny 2 Error Code CAT on PC: Destiny 2 players who have been playing for a long time know that, like most online games, there are a number of annoying errors that can happen while playing D2.
The Error Code CAT is one of these. “A new update for Destiny is now available,” the developers said. If you see this error when you start Destiny for the first time, close the game and install the update before starting again.”
So, basically, this is what happens when you don’t have the most recent version of your game. We’ll show you how to fix the Error Code CAT in Destiny 2 on every platform where it’s available.
How to Fix Destiny 2 Error Code CAT on PC
Whether you play Destiny on the PC through the Microsoft Store or Steam affects how you update the game. Let’s start with the Microsoft Store:
- Open the app for the Microsoft Store.
- Next, click the “…” button next to your profile picture.
- Click “Downloads and updates,” and then click “Get updates.”
- Start up the Xbox PC app.
- Click “My Collection” and then “Manage Installs” to get started.
- Changes to Destiny 2.
- Turn on automatic updates here so that in the future, this process will be done for you automatically.
Lastly, here’s what you need to do on Steam:
- Restart your computer’s Steam app.
- There should be a Destiny 2 update under “Downloads” if there is one. If you have it set to automatically update, it will update itself. If not, you will need to click on the “Download” button for it to start.
- If this doesn’t work, right-click on the Destiny 2 icon in Steam and choose “Verify Integrity of Game Files.”
- If that doesn’t work, clear the downloads cache in the Steam app.