How Many Students Appeared for GATE 2023 Branch Wise? One of the most competitive examinations in India is known as GATE, which stands for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.
GATE is an examination that serves as a stepping stone to both higher education and employment opportunities in the fields of engineering and technology.
It is given jointly by the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and the Indian Institutes of Science (IISc) on behalf of the National Coordination Board (NCB).
Students studying engineering all over India are eager to learn how many people have registered for the GATE 2023 exam on a branch-by-branch basis. GATE 2023 is quickly approaching. In this article, we will take a more in-depth look at the number of students who have registered for and appeared in the GATE 2023 examination in each specific branch.
Statistics on the GATE 2023 Registration Process
Registration for GATE 2023 opened on September 2, 2022, and remained open until October 10, 2022, before being closed. According to the information provided on the official website, a total of 9,88,454 candidates have registered for the GATE 2023 examination, with the highest number of registrations coming from the following branches:
- The Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) field had 1,92,405 applicants.
- Those who majored in Computer Science and Information Technology (CS) numbered 1,86,770.
- 1,41,083 individuals have degrees in Mechanical Engineering (ME).
- 1,16,134 Bachelor of Science degrees in Electrical Engineering (EE)
- Civil Engineering (CE) – 98,715 Candidates Appeared for the GATE 2023 Branch-Wise Statistics
According to the statistics that were made public by IIT Kharagpur, there were a total of 8,95,863 people who registered for the GATE 2023 exam. The following specializations had the highest number of applicants:
How Many Students Appeared for GATE 2023 Branch Wise?
- The Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) field had 1,75,984 applicants.
- Combined degrees in Computer Science and Information Technology (CS) total 1,73,943
- 1,31,079 for Mechanical Engineering and 1,08,746 for Electrical Engineering
- Branch-Wise Analysis of the GATE 2023 Exam for Civil Engineering (CE) 92,341
According to the statistics presented above, Electronics and Communications Engineering (ECE) and Computer Science (CS) are the most popular branches among GATE aspirants, with the highest number of registrations and appearances. This can be attributed to the increasing demand for jobs in India that are associated with electronics and computers.
The fields of mechanical, electrical, and civil engineering are also very popular, as evidenced by the high number of registrations and appearances in relevant competitions. These departments provide access to a diverse pool of employment opportunities in a variety of fields, such as manufacturing, construction, and the energy sector, amongst others.
In summing up, GATE 2023 saw an enormous number of registrations and appearances from engineering students all over India.
The statistics that were presented earlier offer an in-depth look into the branch-by-branch distribution of registrations and appearances. This sheds light on the fact that certain branches are particularly popular among GATE hopefuls.