When you go to the Room of Requirement in Hogwarts Legacy, do you get stuck on the load screen and can’t move? You should know that you aren’t the only one having this problem.
Hogwarts Legacy has finally come out, and it has been a huge success in both sales and reviews. The game keeps setting new records, and for good reason.
Unfortunately, it has quite a few bugs, which was kind of expected for such a big open-world RPG. This guide looks at ways to fix the “Stuck on load screen” problem that happens when you try to enter the Room of Requirement in Hogwarts Legacy.
Hogwarts Legacy Room of Requirement Stuck on Loading Screen
Many players have told us about this bug, but no one has fixed it yet as far as we know.
The Hogwarts Legacy game file can’t be checked on Steam. Even putting the game back on from scratch doesn’t work. The same problem will happen if you use other save files.
All of them are stuck on the loading screen all the time. So, right now, the only thing players can do is wait for a Fix.
Enable V-Sync in Nvidia Control Panel
For the Hogwarts Legacy game, you should use the Nvidia Control Panel app to turn on the Vertical Sync feature. This will help keep the graphics from going wonky as much as possible. Remember that this method will only work if you have a graphics card from Nvidia.
- From the Start menu, open the Nvidia Control Panel. If it isn’t already installed, you can go to the Microsoft Store and install it.
- Click on “3D Settings.” Choose “Manage 3D settings in the Nvidia Control Panel interface”
- Choose “Program Settings,” then: Click “Add,” then choose ” Hogwarts Legacy” from your PC’s list of programs.
- If the game app isn’t shown, click “Browse” and go to the directory on the drive where Hogwarts Legacy was installed. Find the Hogwarts Legacy folder and add the Hogwarts Legacy.exe program. Then choose the game from the list and add it.
- Now, scroll down until you see “Vertical sync.” Click on it, then choose “On” to turn it on. This will always make Hogwarts Legacy use V-Sync.
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect, then play the game again to see if the problem is still there.
Try Lowering In-Game Graphics Settings
You should first try turning down the graphics settings in the game on your PC or console to see if that fixes the frame drops or stuttering. Try turning off things like texture details, shadow effect, v-sync, anti-aliasing, etc. in the Hogwarts Legacy display settings. This should increase the FPS and make the game run better and smoother.
Update GPU Drivers
If you haven’t updated your Windows computer’s graphics driver, make sure to install the most recent patch. To do this, you’ll need to follow the steps below to check for updates:
- To open the Quick Link Menu, press the Windows + X keys together.
- Now, from the list, click on Device Manager and then double-click on Display adapters.
- Click the right mouse button on the graphics card you are using.
- Next, choose Update driver > Choose to search for drivers automatically.
- If there is an update, the system will download and install it on its own.
- Once you’re done, restart the computer for the changes to take effect right away.
Close Unnecessary Background Tasks
Another thing you can do is close any background tasks that aren’t necessary on your PC to make sure they aren’t using up any more system resources. Keep running Hogwarts Legacy, Steam, and other tasks related to the system. To finish tasks in the background:
- To open Task Manager, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- Click the Processes tab, then choose the task you want to end.
- Once that is done, click End Task. Make sure to do each task’s steps one at a time.
- Last, restart your computer right away to change effects and check for flickering or tearing on the Hogwarts Legacy screen.
Check Your Internet Connection
You should also check to see if your computer’s internet connection is working well. If your internet speed is slow or your connection is unstable, the game might not start or get data from the server correctly. You can also switch from a wired (ethernet) internet connection to a wireless (Wi-Fi) one to check if the problem is with the network connection.
If your IP address or DNS address is giving you a lot of trouble, use the Google DNS address on your PC to avoid connection issues like rubberbanding, stuttering, or even lagging that can come from slow internet.
Update Hogwarts Legacy
Some bugs or problems can also be caused by an old version of a game. If you follow the steps below, it’s easier to update your Hogwarts Legacy game. If there is an update, just install the most recent patch. So as to:
Users of Steam
- Open the Steam client and go to Library. On the left, click on ” Hogwarts Legacy.”
- It will look for the available update on its own. Make sure to click on Update if there is an update available.
- The update may take some time to install. Close the client for Steam.
- Last, restart your PC to make the changes take effect and start the game again.
Verify Integrity of Game Files
If there’s a problem with the game files and they get corrupted or lost, you can easily find out what’s wrong by using this method.
Verify Game Files on Steam:
- Launch Steam > Select Library.
- Right-click Hogwarts Legacy in the list of games you have installed.
- Now, click Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Game Files for Integrity.
- You will have to wait until the process is done.
Once done, just restart your computer.
Set High Performance in Power Options
If your Windows system is running in Balanced mode in Power Options, just switch it to High-Performance mode for better results. Even though this choice will use more power or batteries. So as to:
- Click “Start,” type “Control Panel,” and then click “Control Panel” in the list of results.
- Now, go to Hardware and Sound and click on Power Options.
- To choose it, click on High Performance.
- Close the window and turn off your computer completely. To do this, click “Start,” then “Power,” then “Shut Down.”
- After you turn off your computer, you can turn it back on.
Set High Priority in Task Manager
You can tell Windows to run your game properly by giving it a higher priority in the Task Manager. So as to:
- Right-click the Start button and choose Task Manager.
Click on the Processes tab, then right-click on the game task for Hogwarts Legacy.
- Choose “Set High Priority” and then “Close Task Manager.”
- Lastly, run the Hogwarts Legacy game on your PC to see if it crashes.
PC users and PC gamers should always update their Windows OS build to prevent bugs, incompatibilities, and crashes. The most recent version, on the other hand, mostly adds new features, fixes bugs, adds security patches, etc. So as to:
- To open the Windows Settings menu, press the Windows and I keys together.
- Next, click on Update & Security, then under Windows Update, choose Check for updates.
- If there is an update for a feature, choose Download and install.
- The update might take a while to finish.
- Once you’re done, restart your computer to put the update in place.
Guys, that’s it. We think this guide helped you out. If you have more questions, you can leave a comment below.