Fortnite crossplay not working: Since it came out in 2017, Fortnite has grown like a rocket, and it’s not hard to see why. The free-to-play battle royale game gives players a fun and active online multiplayer experience, and the building mechanics help it stand out from other games in the genre.
It’s easy to see why Fortnite has become such a big deal in pop culture: it’s fun, fast-paced, and always getting new features. More importantly, it is based on a simple idea that almost anyone can understand: be the last person standing.
Because it works on so many platforms, Fortnite might be the best cross-platform game on this list. Not only can you play it on consoles, PCs, and mobile devices, but you can also play it on PCs and consoles.
What if you are playing on PlayStation and they are playing on Xbox? Can you play Fortnite on different platforms at the same time? Fortnite crossplay not working? Let’s take a look.
What Platforms Is Fortnite Available On?
Fortnite will be available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and PC (Windows). There are no plans to release it on the Nintendo Switch.
How Do You Play Fortnite Cross-Platform?
- Open Fortnite on any platform and sign in.
- Select the cog at the bottom of the left menu to get to the settings.
- In the settings, choose the Online/Legal section.
- On the “cross-platform matchmaking” box, you can choose from the following options:
- To enable crossplay: You can leave the box alone because it should already be set to crossplay.
- To turn off crossplay, From the drop-down menu, choose “disable.”
- To allow crossplay between consoles: From the drop-down menu, choose “console-only.”
- Save the changes you made, and go back to the main menu.
- You just turned on or turned off crossplay in Fortnite.
Fortnite crossplay not working
Check if Fortnite servers are down
First, see if the servers for Fortnite are down. Players can’t always play with their friends, especially on other platforms, when there’s an outage or server downtime.
Turn Crossplay Off and then On
Second, turn off the option for crossplay and then turn it on again.
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Get to the Account tab.
- Toggle the Crossplay option and set it to Disabled.
- Then turn it back on and try joining a game again.
Remove and Re-add Friends
If that’s not the case, try taking the friends off and then adding them back. You will see two kinds of friends: friends from Activision and friends from the platform you are using.
Here’s how to add friends from other sites
- From the game’s main menu, choose “Social.”
- On the Friends tab, click Invite Friends.
- To send an invite to a friend, click “Enter Account.”
- Type in your friend’s ID, which looks like PlayerName#.
If there was a bug with your account ID or Fortnite crossplay, this should fix it. But try it a few more times if it doesn’t work. If that doesn’t work either, we have to wait until the developers release a patch that fixes the problem.