If you want to know how to fix Fall Guys Error Code 200_001, you’ve come to the right place. Since the game became free-to-play, millions of new players have come to Fall Guy’s servers to play the incredibly fun platformer battle royal game.
Unfortunately, along with the new platforms and players came a lot of new problems. Most of them are network and server problems. One of these annoying problems is error 200_001, which is accompanied by the message “Epic Online Services has returned an error.” In this article, we show you how to fix Fall Guys error 200 001.
How to Fix Error Code 200_001 Fall Guys
This error is related to the online features of the game, so it makes it impossible for players to connect to the Fall Guys servers. Before we try more complicated ways to fix this problem, let’s first try some basic steps for this kind of error. This will get rid of most of the people on your side who could cause trouble:
1. Sign out of the Epic Games Launcher and back in several times. This could be enough to solve the issue.
2. Test your Internet connection by using other online games and their online features to see if they work.
3. Unplug your modem or router for a few minutes, then plug them back in and turn them back on. This will reset them.
4. Whitelist Fall Guys in your firewall and antivirus software. Lest they stop the game from being able to connect to the servers.
5. Turn off any third-party apps you don’t need, as they could cause problems.
Verify Fall Guys files
If none of the above fixes worked, the next thing you should try is to verify your game files. You can do this with the EGS launcher. Here is how:
- Start up the EGS launcher.
- Look for Fall Guys in your library.
- Click the three dots icon.
- Select “Manage” from the drop-down menu.
- Select the “VERIFY” button.
- Leave the launcher to check files.
Flush your DNS
Some connection problems, like Fall Guys Error Code 200_001, can be fixed by clearing the DNS Cache. To do this, follow these steps:
- Type “cmd” into Windows’s search box.
- When the command prompt comes up, type “ipconfig /flushdns” and hit Enter.
- Press Enter after typing “ipconfig /registerdns.”
- Enter “ipconfig /release” and hit the Enter key.
- Enter “netsh winsock reset” and hit the Enter key.
- Close the command prompt and turn on your computer again.
If you still can’t connect to Fall Guys after doing all of these things and keep getting the error message “An error has been returned by Epic Online Services,” then the problem might not be with you. In that case, check to see if the Fall Guys servers are down, and if they are, just wait until the developers fix it.