Dead by Daylight crossplay not working: The idea behind this asymmetric survival horror is pretty simple: if you’re a survivor, you want to fix all the generators and get away from the killer. If you’re the killer, you want to find all the survivors and hang them on hooks to give them to the Entity as a sacrifice.
This simple idea is taken to the next level by the fact that there are different killers and survivors to choose from, and you can buy licensed horror movie characters like Ghostface and Pinhead. When you add in different items, bonuses, and extras, Dead by Daylight becomes one of the best horror games out there.
It’s also one of the best crossplay games, which means that you can play it on any platform. But you can only play the mobile game on Android or iOS with other Android or iOS users.
What if you are playing on PlayStation and they are playing on Xbox? Can you play Dead by Daylight on different platforms at the same time? Dead by Daylight crossplay not working? Let’s take a look.
What Platforms Is Dead by Daylight Available On?
Dead by Daylight is available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Nintendo Switch and PC (Windows).
How Do You Play Dead by Daylight Cross-Platform?
- Open Dead by Daylight on any platform and sign in.
- Select the cog at the bottom of the left menu to get to the settings.
- In the settings, choose the Online/Legal section.
- On the “cross-platform matchmaking” box, you can choose from the following options:
- To enable crossplay: You can leave the box alone because it should already be set to crossplay.
- To turn off crossplay, From the drop-down menu, choose “disable.”
- To allow crossplay between consoles: From the drop-down menu, choose “console-only.”
- Save the changes you made, and go back to the main menu.
- You just turned on or turned off crossplay in Dead by Daylight.
Dead by Daylight crossplay not working
Check if Dead by Daylight servers are down
First, see if the servers for Dead by Daylight are down. Players can’t always play with their friends, especially on other platforms, when there’s an outage or server downtime.
Turn Crossplay Off and then On
Second, turn off the option for crossplay and then turn it on again.
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Get to the Account tab.
- Toggle the Crossplay option and set it to Disabled.
- Then turn it back on and try joining a game again.
Remove and Re-add Friends
If that’s not the case, try taking the friends off and then adding them back. You will see two kinds of friends: friends from Activision and friends from the platform you are using.
Here’s how to add friends from other sites.
- From the game’s main menu, choose “Social.”
- On the Friends tab, click Invite Friends.
- To send an invite to a friend, click “Enter Account.”
- Type in your friend’s ID, which looks like PlayerName#.
If there was a bug with your account ID or Dead by Daylight crossplay, this should fix it. But try it a few more times if it doesn’t work. If that doesn’t work either, we have to wait until the developers release a patch that fixes the problem.