BeamNG.drive is a realistic vehicle simulation video game that came out in 2013. It has soft-body physics and was made and sold by BeamNG GmbH. Most players like the game because of how well it looks, how easy it is to drive, how damage works, etc. It has gotten mostly good reviews on Steam, but some players are having trouble with bugs, one of which is the BeamNG Drive White, Black, Green, and Blue Screen Issue.
Several players have said on the official BeamNG forum that the game has a white screen or black screen problem. This is based on multiple reports on the forum. Besides that, some players are also having problems with the “green screen of death” and “blue screen of death,” which are both very bad. It looks like the game goes straight to the blue, black, green, and white screen after the game starts. Later, the full color is the only thing that can be seen on the screen.
Well, this seems to be one of the oldest bugs in BeamNG Drive, and players may still run into it after all these years. Even though the BeamNG Team said on the forum that a patch update had already fixed the problem, it’s likely that it will happen again with another update. There are, luckily, a couple of possible workarounds listed below that should help you. Let’s get started without further ado.
Reset In-Game GAMMA Settings
The first thing you can do is go to the in-game menu and reset the GAMMA settings to see if the problem is still there.
- Open the Steam client, and then go to the Library.
- After clicking on BeamNG.drive, click on Play.
- Go to the “Options” menu in the game and click on “Graphics.”
- Now, turn GAMMA back on.
Update your video card driver
Due to an out-of-date or missing graphics driver on the system, some PC games won’t show any graphics, but the background music will still play. It’s best to follow the steps below to update the graphics driver on the PC.
- To open the Quick Start Menu, press the Windows + X keys together.
- Now, from the list, click on Device Manager and then double-click on Display adapters.
- Right-click on the graphics card that is being used right now.
- Next, choose Update driver > Choose to search for drivers automatically.
- If there is an update, it will download and install the most recent version automatically.
- Once that’s done, the system will restart itself. If that doesn’t work, you can restart the system to make the changes take effect.
You can also go to the link below based on the manufacturer of your graphics card to find the right graphics driver for your model. Just make sure to download the latest graphics driver and install it on the PC like we usually do. After that, you should turn the system back on.
Check and fix game files from Nvidia, AMD, and Intel
Some problems with the game files installed on the PC, like missing or broken game files, can cause multiple conflicts while the game is running. It goes without saying that your Steam client can automatically check and fix game files (if any). So as to:
- Start the Steam desktop client, and then go to the Library.
- Right-click BeamNG.drive in the list of games you have installed.
- Now, click Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Check the Integrity of Game Files > Wait until the fixing process is done.
- Lastly, restart the PC to make the changes take effect and look for the problem again.
Turn off optimization for full screen
There’s a good chance that turning off the fullscreen optimization option in the executable file of your game will help some people. You should make sure the same is true.
- Open the launcher for Steam. Select Library.
- Right-click on the BeamNG.drive file > Select Manage.
- Choose Browse your own files > Go to where the Elden Ring is installed.
- Right-click on BeamNG.drive.exe and then go to Choose “Properties.”
- Click on the tab that says “Compatibility.” Click the box that says “Disable fullscreen optimizations” to turn it on.
- Once you’re done, click “Apply” and “OK” to save your changes.
Put Microsoft Visual Studio back on
Some BeamNG.drive players say that reinstalling the Microsoft Visual Studio program on the Windows PC may fix the black, green, white, or blue screen problem for good. Microsoft Visual Studio is related to Microsoft.NET or Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables, which help Windows run programs in the background that are needed.
Turn off the firewall in Windows
It is highly recommended that you turn off Windows Firewall on your computer and then look for the problem again.
- Click “Start,” then type “firewall.”
- Choose Windows Defender Firewall from the list of results from the search.
- Now, in the left pane, click Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.
- A new page will open. In both the Private and Public Network Settings, choose the option that says “Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended)”.
- When you’re done, click OK to save your changes.
To change the effects right away, you need to restart the computer.
Stop going too fast
You should use the overclocking software to turn off the CPU/GPU overclocking option by hand, because a bottleneck problem can cause the computer to crash and show a black or blue screen. You can use any overclocking software, such as MSI Afterburner, Intel Extreme Tuning Utility, AMD Ryzen Master, AMD Overdrive, CPU Tweaker, EVGA Precision X, or RivaTuner.
If none of the methods worked, make sure to update the BeamNG.drive game on the system to make sure there are no bugs or stability problems. So as to:
- Start up the Steam client. Click on Library > On the left, click on BeamNG.drive.
- It will look for the available update on its own. Make sure to click on Update if there is an update available.
- The update might take a while to install. When it’s done, make sure to close the Steam client.
- Last, restart your PC to make the changes take effect, and then try to start the game again.
Guys, that’s it. We think this guide helped you out. If you have more questions, you can leave a comment below.