Here are the solution if your apple news won’t open pages get invalid link error messages.
Restart the app
- Forcefully close the app. Swipe up from the bottom of your screen or double-press the Home button, if you have one, to open the App Switcher. Find the News app, then swipe up on it.
- Relaunch the News app.
Reboot your iPhone or iPad
- Be sure that your device has the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. Click Settings > General > Software Update. Also, make sure that the News app is up to date. Open the App Store to see if News has any new updates.
- Delete the News app, and then reinstall it. After deleting, you can download and install it again from the App Store.
Check your Internet
- Turn on Airplane Mode on your iPhone or iPad, wait a few seconds, and then turn it off again.
- If you are at home, restart your Wi-Fi router. You can turn it back on by unplugging it and then plugging it back in. Wait at least 30 seconds before plugging the power back in.
- If you have this problem when you’re using cellular data but not when you’re connected to Wi-Fi, make sure the News app is allowed to use cellular data. Go to Settings, click Cellular or Mobile Data, and then turn on News.
- Change how your network is set up. Please know that this will delete all of your network settings.
How to Fix Safari Cannot Open the Page Because the Address is Invalid | iPhone & iPad
If the News widget still doesn’t work, try uninstalling and reinstalling Apple News. The best way to do this is to use the offload option, which you can find in Settings > General > iPhone Storage > News > Offload App. After the app has been downloaded, use the Reinstall option that comes up!
If you’re still having trouble with the links, clearing Safari’s website data will make it work better and may also fix this problem. Go to Settings, then Safari, and then Clear History and Websites. You will have to confirm again by tapping Clear History and Data.
From the News app, choose the story you want to share, tap the Share icon, and then tap Messages. To find out more, click here: For Safari content to open, it needs to be in the Apple News app. If it’s not available, you’ll see something like “Story Unavailable.
When you clear your history, Apple News resets the identifier it uses to send statistics to news publishers. At any time, you can change the identifier by going to News > Clear History > Reset Identifier. To find out more about the identifier, use the News app and go to Help > About Apple News & Privacy.
Open the “Settings” app and then tap “Safari” to get started. Next, scroll down and tap “Open Links” to go to the next screen. On the next screen, you will see the two choices you have. If you want new links to open in the background without taking over the screen, tap “In Background” and then close the Settings app.
Apple News+ is a service that lets you subscribe to both newspapers and magazines for a monthly fee. You can get to the service through the Apple News app on your phone. Even though the News app is free to use, you have to pay a monthly fee to read News+ content.
Quit the Apple News app forcibly and start it up again.
Your device needs a hard reboot.
Try updating your device’s iOS.
Remove the app and put it back on.
Open Safari on your iPhone or iPad and go to the site in question. Tap the “aA” icon in the top left corner of the screen to open the Website View menu. Tap Website Settings. Toggle the switch next to Use Content Blockers to the grey “OFF” position.