Apex Legends crossplay not working: Apex Legends is yet another game that wants to be the best battle royale game. Apex Legends is a battle royale shooter made by Respawn Entertainment that takes place in the Titanfall universe. Teams of three players go up against 57 other players to try to get loot and be the last person (or team) standing.
But unlike Fortnite and PUBG, players in Apex Legends choose a class, which is represented by a unique character. (Think of a mix of Fortnite and Overwatch, and you’ll get the idea.)
Apex Legends is the perfect battle royale game for people who like the idea of the genre but don’t like building or how competitive PUBG is. It’s also free to play. Plus, the different classes, skills, and one-time-only events make the game more interesting overall.
What’s the best? All platforms can play Apex Legends together. Since it’s on almost every modern platform, you can play for free with your friends no matter what hardware they have.
What if you are playing on PlayStation and they are playing on Xbox? Can you play Apex Legends on different platforms at the same time? Apex Legends crossplay not working? Let’s take a look.
What Platforms Is Apex Legends Available On?
Apex Legends is available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Nintendo Switch and PC (Windows).
How Do You Play Apex Legends Cross-Platform?
- Open Apex Legends on any platform and sign in.
- Select the cog at the bottom of the left menu to get to the settings.
- In the settings, choose the Online/Legal section.
- On the “cross-platform matchmaking” box, you can choose from the following options:
- To enable crossplay: You can leave the box alone because it should already be set to crossplay.
- To turn off crossplay, From the drop-down menu, choose “disable.”
- To allow crossplay between consoles: From the drop-down menu, choose “console-only.”
- Save the changes you made, and go back to the main menu.
- You just turned on or turned off crossplay in Apex Legends.
Apex Legends crossplay not working
Check if Apex Legends servers are down
First, see if the servers for Apex Legends are down. Players can’t always play with their friends, especially on other platforms, when there’s an outage or server downtime.
Turn Crossplay Off and then On
Second, turn off the option for crossplay and then turn it on again.
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Get to the Account tab.
- Toggle the Crossplay option and set it to Disabled.
- Then turn it back on and try joining a game again.
Remove and Re-add Friends
If that’s not the case, try taking the friends off and then adding them back. You will see two kinds of friends: friends from Activision and friends from the platform you are using.
Here’s how to add friends from other sites.
- From the game’s main menu, choose “Social.”
- On the Friends tab, click Invite Friends.
- To send an invite to a friend, click “Enter Account.”
- Type in your friend’s ID, which looks like PlayerName#.
If there was a bug with your account ID or Apex Legends crossplay, this should fix it. But try it a few more times if it doesn’t work. If that doesn’t work either, we have to wait until the developers release a patch that fixes the problem.